J2 Visa – J-2 Visa – J1 Dependent Visa – Dependent Visa – Visa Application


J1 Dependent Visa

The Messersmith Law Firm Immigration Lawyer Services

We make immigration possible


J2 Visa Details

A J2 visa may be obtained by a J1 visa holder’s spouse and minor children. A J2 visa holder may remain in the US as long as the J1 visa holder remains in legal status. A J2 visa holder may change his or her status in the US.


A J2 visa holder may apply for a EAD.


A J2 visa holder may engage in full or part time study.

For Whom Is a J2 Visa Appropriate?

Spouse and children of J1 visa holders who wish to visit or accompany the J1 visa holder to the United States.

J2 Visa Requirements

Spouses and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join the principal exchange visitor J1 Visa holder in the United States for the duration of his/her stay require exchange visitor visas (derivative J visas). The application procedure is the same as that for a primary visa applicant. The sponsor must approve the accompaniment of the spouse and/or children and who will each be issued their own Form DS-2019.

Top Notch Immigration Services

You will receive top notch immigration services at The Messersmith Law Firm. We guarantee personalized legal services, a high rate of success, and very reasonable fees. At The Messersmith Law Firm, you will always get more than what you pay for. While the majority of our clients are referred to our law firm, we are open to take new cases if we feel we can help you achieve your goals. We have no doubt that you will refer everyone you know to us once your case is approved! Our goal is to get your case approved in the shortest amount of time possible yet strive to keep our fees reasonable!

Thousands of Approved Cases

Scroll through fifty recent approval notices below or click here to view thousands.

Customer Testimonials

Real Testimonials from Past Clients