R2 Visa – R Visa – Visa R – Religious Visa – Mission Visa


R1 Dependent Visa

The Messersmith Law Firm Immigration Lawyer Services

We make immigration possible


R2 Visa Details

An R2 visa may be obtained by a spouse and minor children of an R1 visa holder. An R2 visa holder may remain in the US as long as the R-1 visa holder remains in legal status. An R2 visa holder may change his or her status in the US.


An R2 visa holder may not accept employment. He or she must obtain a work visa.


An R2 visa holder may engage in full or part time study.

For Whom Is an R2 Visa Appropriate?

Spouse and children of R1 visa holders who wish to visit or accompany the R1 visa holder to the United States.

R2 Visa Requirements

The religious worker’s spouse and unmarried children under twenty-one years of age are entitled to the same nonimmigrant classification and length of stay as the religious worker, if the religious worker will be employed and residing primarily in the United States, and if the spouse and unmarried minor children are accompanying or following to join the religious worker in the United States. Neither the spouse nor any child may accept employment while in the United States in R2 nonimmigrant status.

Top Notch Immigration Services

You will receive top notch immigration services at The Messersmith Law Firm. We guarantee personalized legal services, a high rate of success, and very reasonable fees. At The Messersmith Law Firm, you will always get more than what you pay for. While the majority of our clients are referred to our law firm, we are open to take new cases if we feel we can help you achieve your goals. We have no doubt that you will refer everyone you know to us once your case is approved! Our goal is to get your case approved in the shortest amount of time possible yet strive to keep our fees reasonable!

Thousands of Approved Cases

Scroll through fifty recent approval notices below or click here to view thousands.

Customer Testimonials

Real Testimonials from Past Clients